Hi, I'm Megan. I finished high school in 2008, went to NZ Broadcasting school in Christchurch in 2009, Came back up here to study photography part-time at MIT and work full time as an administrator at Kokako Lodge in Hunua. Now I'm planing to learn as much as I can this year to broaden my skills in art and media. I am also learning NZ sign language, which is really fun to learn!5 of my favorite things:

Amélie 2001, Jeunet
I enjoy well made films, mainly ones that use movie conventions in a creative way. In Amelie, I like the use of colour to show Amelie's character.

Vampire -The Masquerade - Bloodlines
This is my favorite PC game, I love the blood, gore and the animation...
(I don't like Twilight :| )

Cindy Sherman
She is my favorite photographer. She embodies a character that she makes-up and acts out scenarios that this character gets into. This is what i did for my final assessment last year in photography.
(Untitled Film Still # 96 1981)

Tool
One of my favorite bands. Their music is quite spiritual to me.

Lost Highway 1997, Lynch
I watched this movie last year. I didn't understand a single bit of it, but I really like all the visual aspects of the film. The lighting, the colour treatment etc.
6 comments:
i also like cindy sherman. the film stills were an important part of feminist art and also deconstructing poop culture. MEOWMEOWMEOW
Thanks Megan. I like that you don't like Twilight! Articulating what you DON'T like can be a useful tool in figuring out your visual style, just as much as what you do like.
TX
Oooh, I'm glad you like David Lynch ;)
Steve Rood introduced me to David Lynch.His story lines are very jumbled but i cant take my eyes off the screen!
Joanne,
Your comment is supportive of Megan's post and this is good. Also your "feminist" comment is insightful for Megan. In the future, it would be nice if you could put a name/book/artist behind the claim, incase Megan wanted to research your input further.
mmm Sophie, I think your laving a few comments about the place?? This makes it a little difficult to know which one I have to mark, maybe write which one is for marking and which are for fun?
Hobbs
Post a Comment