MY FAMILY: Who are living with me at the moment as they have been made homeless since the very recent Christchurch earthquate. Their house is no livable so all their worldly belongings have been removed and are now in storeage at my brothers farm. On the flip side is that we get to enjoy having them live with us and our precious little granddaughter Millie is just a joy to have around during these difficult days ahead. One day at a time.
MY HOUSE: Our son designed the house during his last year at University, especially for us.
I am fortunate enough to have a studio for my painting and creating and a gallery for display.
We are surrounded by beautiful native bush, bird life and streams and a pond. My kind of paradise.
PAINTING: I have been painting since 1973 and decided to enrol in the DVA course to broaden my art and take it to the next level. Drawing took me to levels I would never have imagined.
Studio opened my mind to extroadinary levels and I would now like to include in my work Print and Collage.
NATURE: From a very young age, being brought up on a farm, I have always been close to everything in the natural world. From native bush to waterfalls, animals, birds - in fact everything related to family life on the farm.
SUNSETS: The sheer intensity in colour of a sunset in Bali, to the softness of a sunset over the water in Fiji or in fact any sunset in our own Aotearoa. The warmth of the sun playing with the clouds and radiating out into the sky beyond.
4 comments:
Journey - heaps of sympathy to your family. At least you are getting some joy from the awful event. I wanted to say that I also have fond memories of sunsets in Bali and wonder if photographs can ever really capture the mood of the moment. Maybe you could do a print of that somehow, a printmaker that I know of that you may like is Margaret Preston-she does a variety of prints, including landscape.
"Journey", nice blog name, but a little cryptic. How will the teachers know who this?
I'm sorry to hear that your family. I'm pleased to hear that they're safe though!
So what do you like to paint?
Is there any kind of medium that you're interested in studying while at MIT?
My belated condolences as well Pam.
I just found your other post with the photo, we can put the two together when we meet up. Very insightful comments El and some helpful resources by the looks.
Rose I hope that you found someone else's post to comment on? As it looks like El beat you to this one...
Post a Comment