2 Salvador Dali - The persistance of memory. I really like this painting because its so far out of reality yet everything looks like its supposed to be like that.
3 Chet Zar - Its allgood. I really like the textures in this painting, how the paint is applied to the canvas, its hard to see on this small picture but every wrinkle on he face is subtle yet definate.
4 Mr Cartoon - joker. I really like how this painting is balanced, there isnt a lot of contrast, but where there is it has been used really effectively to convey texture.
5 Cam De Leon - Ghost.01. It really interests me how the texture of the meterial wraps around itself and wrinkles, the way its semi-see through on the face, makes its apear as the the caracter is caught in a ethereal dimension. neither here nor there.
Thats it from me for the day, churr.






6 comments:
I like your post Kurt, I can see some similarities in the different works. Are you mentioning the title of the work at the start of your comment? When I write title of a work, I put it in "quotation marks", it makes it easier to figure out that they are titles.
Wow, really love the art pieces you chose. I like odd images that make you think.
Cheers Kurt, I am a bit of an Alex Grey fan myself... and Salvador Dali is classic surrealism at its best. I'm kind of creeped out by the clown painting, though, but I guess that's the point?
TX
Sophie,
it is good to hear that you like something on someone's post. It would be great if you could make suggestions in the future, for example: an artist they could look up or a technique that they could try, etc
Hobbs
Those are great works of art there, I've always been a fan of Salvador Dali too...the first painting by Alex Grey is pretty trippy! It must've taken so much time, thought and effort to get the layers to work together so well.
I actually wanted to know about your tattoos! Did you design those yourself? Was there a particular artist or art piece that inspired you?
Post a Comment