DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. Salvador Dali


Galatea of the Spheres (Galatee aux spheres) 1952
oil on canvas

The Ship c.1943 Art Print

Salvador Dali in Voluplate mors, 1951
Photograph by Philippe Halsman

5 comments:

SophieFMorris said...

Hey Shanessy. I love your choice of Artist for the essay, Salvador Dali is a favorite of mine.

I've found a few resources that you may be interested in, in relation to your chosen practitioner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTWDNii87k

Above, is a link to a documentary made in 1986, about the artist. It is just 1 out of 7 videos, and you can find the others in the 'suggestion list' on the side bar. This first video goes for about 11 minutes. You are able to see Salvador Dali being interviewed, and get an in-depth look into his life and artworks.


http://www.dali-gallery.com/html/dali.php

This is a link to 'Salvador Dali Art Gallery' a website as a tribute to the artist. It contains his biography, paintings, quotations, videos, definitions and much more. Very helpful, I thought.


http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=salvador+dali&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=wSC&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnso&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=Q1GmTYvSNYGGvAPX24iDCg&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=16&ved=0CIgBEOcCMA8


And lastly, this is a timeline from 1900 until 2011, containing articles and information in relation to Dali. You'll find all sorts here.

Good luck :)

ShaNESSY said...

Thanx heaps Sophie definately.. To be honest u tube is the best way to research artists...Im lovin cubism and surrealism...

tesla said...

Good start, Shanessy. I guess what I'm interested in now is what made you choose the three images you did (since there is SO MUCH to choose from with Dali). Perhaps adding the three works to the mind-map and figuring out the main points about each work will help you figure out the shape and structure of your essay.

TX

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Sophie, your suggestions for Shanessy appear very helpful, well done on sharing your knowledge resource,
Hobbs

MAHA****************** said...

I like how you introduced your artist with a quote very innovative chek out narrcisuss
by dali its one of my favs and is based on greek mythology
good luck with your essay