PURAKAU, I visited the Te Tuhi Centre of the Arts with my classmates of course. I really enjoyed it. It was inspirational that got to see many images, or as they say paintings that I have never seen before.
I enjoyed this one painting from Pieter Hugo. Haha. :)
The way Hugo expresses his work to the audience shows how much frustration was brought into his paintings. Nothing is said. Just shouted. His work express violence and excessive romantic, comedy or witchcraft of some sort. It demonstrates what Hugo was feeling at the time when lashed out at his canvases with enjoyment and flattery. Haha. And he also produces mummies, satanic demons, and zombies, all casually posed in the backlots of Enugu.
Anyways. Bye for now. Ta. Burd@

2 comments:
Thanks Burda,
First of all, it's really important to make this distinction, but Pieter Hugo's works are photographs, not paintings! He is posing real people in costumes - and making out that it is a documentary. But it's constructed reality, so what do you think of that?
TX
oh sorry haha i didn't realise, i thought t was kind of a painting. but iguess not. ty for telling me.
ta, burd@
Post a Comment