DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hi all!

My name is Rose.....


I'm studying part time this first semester and full time in the second semester.
I was born in Auckland, raised in Taranaki and I just moved up to Auckland three weeks ago from Rotorua, where I was living for 5-6 years. I have moved around a lot! 
I'm half Maori, one quarter NZ European and one quarter Irish.
I love exercise, a lot of movies and I love my music: old school rock, alternative, blues, classical etc. I love Heart, Queen, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Wolfmother, Radiohead, Extreme, David Bowie, Elton John, Air, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, LRB, CCR, Aerosmith, Blanca Uribe, Chopin,  I could go on and on


My 5 favourite things right now are
-My nephew (of course, he'll always be my favourite)


-Freddie Mercury (of the band Queen)

-Movie commentaries (depends on how interesting the movie is)




-Blow (Movie, or any work that involves Johnny Depp - he's a talented actor!)




-Edgar Degas (artist)





4 comments:

sarah said...

O I love all the music you have all the old school icons, its a certain era that cannot be repeated and all the music tell the story.. that would be the ONLY reason id EVER wish i was older - to experience that era... maybe you could incorperate some of these cool as sounds into you art and/or the desighn presentation...??? Are you familiar with Michael Smither, artist? he, if i remember rightly came from Taranaki...cool kiwi artist. cheers mate, sarah

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Nice to know that you like J Depp Rose, what is it that you like? (other than his looks! lol) For instance what are the acting skills that he has that you have noticed? Or the type of movies that he is in?

Rose Dobbin said...

Thanks for the suggestion Sarah! I remember studying a bit of Michael Smither's work in high school but our class only looked at a couple of his works...but will definitely look into that again, thanks!
Yeah, I love my music. I wish I was around during that era.

I just think Johnny Depp is a really complex and multi-talented actor, he's portrayed so many different characters with dedication, some of my favourite movies of his are What's Eating Gilbert Grape? The Man Who Cried, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Edward Scissorhands, Chocolat, Secret Window, Donnie Brasco and Blow.
Same goes for Leonardo DiCaprio (Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet) and Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises, The Indian Runner, The Road LOTR) oh so talented! And good looking :P

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Sarah,
great response comment, it has suggestions, a reference and an opinion.
Hobbs