DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Abbasid of the little use and of little wonder
Dale Frank, 2008
Acrylic Varnish on Linen
1800 x 1800mm
Love art? Meet Dale Frank - an Australian artist who's skill is in the fusion of swirling colours & the illusion of movement. From the outset it might seem that this piece of art is basic and childlike in nature, but delve a little deeper and you will see that there is more to this piece of work than meets the eye. Through the process of pouring and dripping resin onto the canvas, then tipping the canvas, Frank has created this beautiful yet sombre abstract piece that looks as though it is continually morphing into new forms. If you want a piece of art to adorn your wall that is simple, yet intricate, then look no further.

3 comments:

tesla said...

Thanks Leah,

Dale Frank is great! I especially love his titles!

TX

mtpipm said...

I love this kind of work! It shows freedom in movement and the engaging water colors give it a gaze
You might like Jackson Pollock, who is an American painter, a major figure in the abstract expressionist movement. His work is similar, but instead of pouring the acrylic on he waves it onto large scales, this creates a various lavishness of effects which I also like.

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Taishia,
I am assuming that this is a comment for task four? Context and meaning? Could you please clarify this for me?
Hobbs