
The Four Winds - Leilani Kake
This exhibition or show (whatever you want to call it lol) was really interesting, due to the
fact that it was set up in a tight space and it was extremely dark (to the point where I tripped over a bench, thanks for putting that there Leilani haha). The show gave me this idea of conquering your fears, the fact that a lot of people are claustrophobic, afraid of the dark, afraid of deep water, and especially being nude in public (or in front of other people). A really unique and spiritual experience :)
2 comments:
Thanks Ian, I like your idea of "conquering fears." How do you think this might relate to "context"? A lot of the things you mentioned, dark, deep water, nude in public, reminded me of the sorts of things we dream about, when our subconscious is processing fears. Can you think of an art movement that was obsessed with giving visual form to dreams? Would this be a good context for Leilani's work? Or at least, a good contrast?
TX
Thats a cool way to think of it, a dream, or nightmare (since we are talking about fears). To answer your next question, the ideas I get from Leilani's work seem really abstract, so I would say it fits perfectly with surrealism.
THANKS TESSA !!
Post a Comment