DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Assignment #3


SALVADOR DALI
GALATEA OF THE SPHERES
Oil on canvas
65 x 54 cm

Oh Galatea, how graciously beautiful you look,
With your eyes sealed as if in a dream.
The way the spheres capture your every feature,
so it may seem.
So poised and elegant,
on earth you don't belong.
Your beauty, one that can't be described,
in a poem, love letter or song.
How I have dreamt of you,
so many times before.
When I first saw you,
yes, my heart you let it soar.
Never will I forget that pose,
Every little detail, so vivid in my mind.
I will treasure this forever,
for you are one of a kind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the metaphors in your text, very poetic, i really admire salvador dali's work also, id never seen this one before but i really like the trickery, very cunning play on space,

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Kurt, your comment is very supportive and this is good. You have highlighted your opinion and backed it up with an observation, nice. Don't forget to include things like: evidence of research, further suggestions for the group, etc.
Cheers Hobbs

Chatty Chat Chat said...

Kurt,
BTW I couldn't assess this comment as you are in Group 4, this posting group for this task...
Cheers Hobbs