Ben Ho is a Chinese Artist who has lived in NZ for 15 or so years and has influenced my work both in Watercolours and Oils. I love painting flowers and Nancy Tichbourne's work has also influenced the way I work.
Oh wow these are really amazing, I feel a sort of calmness, warmth and energy all in one radiating from each of these pictures. What sort of emotions or messages are you sending out through these pictures? Are you kinda of generating the same sort of feeling from your influencial artists or does your work hold a different meaning altogether? Have you attemted different types of pictures? Like instead of flowers and natural scenery something more like a city skyline and manmade structures? I would love to see you work on those.
Thanks for your comments Kut. With my flower paintings I feel mother nature made them how they are so I don't tamper with them too much but I do like to create a really moody background to contrast with the work. I have taken whata I like from my tutors but if you look at their work and mine they are completely different. Yes I have painted a city scape and manmade objects using mixed media and really enjoyed working on something completely different to what I do normally. This is why I am doing this course to try different things - think outside the square and am really excited about creating new Iworks.I want to use print and collage in my work too.I will post the new images next time I'm on blog. Cheers for now.
Pam, I am a little confused which task this post it for? (All good if it is an additional one) Kut, Kut, there are some great observations in your comments, you have expressed your observations well. In future comments try to contribute information that you have sourced from your own research, as this will help the group with their knowledge resource. Hobbs
3 comments:
Oh wow these are really amazing, I feel a sort of calmness, warmth and energy all in one radiating from each of these pictures. What sort of emotions or messages are you sending out through these pictures? Are you kinda of generating the same sort of feeling from your influencial artists or does your work hold a different meaning altogether? Have you attemted different types of pictures? Like instead of flowers and natural scenery something more like a city skyline and manmade structures? I would love to see you work on those.
Thanks for your comments Kut. With my flower paintings I feel mother nature made them how they are so I don't tamper with them too much but I do like to create a really moody background to contrast with the work. I have taken whata I like from my tutors but if you look at their work and mine they are completely different. Yes I have painted a city scape and manmade objects using mixed media and really enjoyed working on something completely different to what I do normally. This is why I am doing this course to try different things - think outside the square and am really excited about creating new Iworks.I want to use print and collage in my work too.I will post the new images next time I'm on blog. Cheers for now.
Pam,
I am a little confused which task this post it for? (All good if it is an additional one)
Kut,
Kut,
there are some great observations in your comments, you have expressed your observations well. In future comments try to contribute information that you have sourced from your own research, as this will help the group with their knowledge resource.
Hobbs
Post a Comment