
Hi my name is Faafeu, went college at Marlborough Boy's College in Blenheim. Im originally from Wellington but move down to Blenheim, South Island about 5 years ago. I moved up here to Auckland just over a year ago and studied CVA last year.
5 things which describe me the best are:

Im a big Japanese anime fan, I watch all sorts of anime from old anime classics to todays more popular titles like DBZ, bleach, Naruto to name a few. Back in my high school years I use to go home and just watch cartoon after cartoon for about 4-5 hours a day. Im addicted to anime cartoons. Now a watch them in japanese audio with english subtitles cause I don't like waiting for the english version which gets release a year later.

I got into art because of my religion, growing up in a catholic family I use to look at the 12 station of the cross painting which can be found in every catholic cathedral and church around the world. I was fascinated which its realism and details of the body and face. Here is a picture of one of several Michelangelo drawings which I like cause of its tone and detail the body is.

Im into video gaming and one of my favorite games growing up is Mortal Kombat. I have been following the franchise since I first played it in 1996 at my grandfather village in Tonga.

Love listening to music, just bout all sort of music from Hip Hop to slow Jams, Pop to Rock. My favorite Rock-band is Nickelback.

Im a huge fan of wrestling. I have a lot of favorite wrestlers include The Rock, Stone Cold, Brett Hart and Ultimate Warrior to name a few but my favorite of all is Bill Goldberg.
4 comments:
Mad same here I'm in to my Anime cartoons too and yeah always stared at the 12 stations at church and wanted to draw like that.
Bro you gota look up some DUBSTEP music you might like it or some of it.
I like how you were influenced by the 12th Station of the cross painting, when you were younger. It shows that we wouldn't be who we are today, if it wasn't for what we've experienced in the past.
Thanks Faafeu there is a really good range of stuff here! I love the way you say you first learned to play Mortal Kombat in your Grandfather's village in Tonga... most people wouldn't expect island villages and video games to go hand-in-hand, but you have proved that the world is truly saturated with digital culture!
TX
Gerard and Sophie, interesting that you both commented on the same work! Gerard I think your comments on Anime and Dubstep are helpful, maybe going even further to make a suggestion of an artist might give Faafeu a head start?
Hobbs
Post a Comment