![]() |
| Me in my Dad's Car |
Hey, My name is Burda Ellis. I was born here in New Zealand, raised all my life in Auckland. I'm NZ Maori, European. My mother's side is Maori and my father's European. I have one brother, and now officially I have two sister-in-laws and mother&father-in-law.
My 5 Favorite Things are;
Comics & Cartoons Sketches.
I started doing this stuff all my life. Basically before Intermediate. I really got into my drawings, the year after my Mom died. It hit me real hard and I was always angry. Second, Sketching stuff was the way to do express my anger, etc. This year, was awesome because my brother's fiance, had finally become my sister-in-law, so I sketched their Wedding Photo on the Dwarf.
I started doing this stuff all my life. Basically before Intermediate. I really got into my drawings, the year after my Mom died. It hit me real hard and I was always angry. Second, Sketching stuff was the way to do express my anger, etc. This year, was awesome because my brother's fiance, had finally become my sister-in-law, so I sketched their Wedding Photo on the Dwarf.
![]() |
| (My brother & Sis-in-law on their Wedding Day) |
![]() |
| (One Night Drinking) |
My Brother & I.
I guess me and my big bro, have so much in common than I thought when we were kids. With our mother's death. It didn't help, but we got stronger and more closer as the 7 years went by. I look up to him as much as I can. Yes, we fight and then we make up, by partying with each other and singing ballads to UB40. But that's how close we are.
The Genre of Korean & Japanese Music.
There had came a point where three years ago. I became obsessed with all their boy-bands and girl-bands from Korea and Japan. I enjoy their catchy, easy to remember tunes that I can sing and dance to. It's amazing what a different culture can make an influence on you. (e.g. BIG BANG)
| |
| [BIG BANG, G-Dragon, T.O.P, Seungri(V.I.),Daesung(D-Lite) and Taeyang(SOL)] p.s. I did this image aye.. lol on Photodhop.. |
I enjoy Claes Oldenburg's work.
Like the "Free Stamp". I found this one very interesting.
I watched this everytime I see this. I enjoy this show so much, I'd ddraw my own version of the show. I have even read this book of Bart. It's so RAD, that it'll never get old.
Anyways, thats all for now, kids. Kia Ora, till next time. :B Goodnight.





4 comments:
Hey Burda, I really liked the way you drew your brother's wedding photo into a cartoon. Have you heard of the NZ cartoonist Garrick Tremain? Maybe you would be interested in him. I saw that you enjoy korean and japanese music. I think thats cool because most people wouldn't bother listening to another culture's music. ps - I also like BIG BANG's music too. I also like the simpsons too, there's more to just the humour, there's always a hidden message in each episode.
Hey Burda, thanks for the great insight int the things you like. How did you get the text so small? It was a little hard to read, maybe we could make it a bit bigger?
Tee great feedback, very helpful by the looks
Thanks Burda, this is a really interesting view into what makes you tick!
Cheers,
TX
Post a Comment