DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 3, 2011

It

Tena Koutou te Karaehe o DVA


Ko Shanessy Waru taku ingoa
Ko Ngapuhi-nui -tonu taku iwi 
Ko Manurewa taku kainga noho


Kia ora to all ma fellow DVA akonga....
My name is Shanessy Waru im of Maori descent.  I look forward to the year ahead within DVA.  I hope to gain more knowledge, skills and some more social networking.


A lil bit bwt maself....
For the last 4 years i have been studying back home in Whangarei, that has involved being totally emmersed in the Maori Studies within Northtec.  I have completed studies in Whakairo Visual Arts, Raranga {weaving}, Te Reo {Maori Language} and finished early this year with the Certificate in Small Business.
So I thought i would challenge myself and get my Diploma....and take what I have learned and take it home to my people, whanau and community.


My FAV things are:











  1. Whanau
  2. Hestons Feast
  3. Cars & Graphics or vinyls
  4. Reggae JAH luv
  5. Travelling Home
Ki oku nei whakaaro, this is what i think of myself:
I think that I am the type of person that is passionate about art and all the different mediums of art...I am come with the willingness to obtain, maintain and collate ideas, visions, aspirations with others from all walks of life.

All the best to all of us, kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui

Nga mihi

1 comment:

tesla said...

Thanks Shanessey,

These are beautiful thoughts to startus off with, thanks for sharing! I would love to find out more about the traditional visual culture you were learning about, raranga etc...

Cheers,

Tessa X