DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Fav 5 Images

A Place To Meet- By Eldridge Smerin
I like this image as it is quite unusual and different to other peoples ideas.
The colours in this image shows daulness and makes the beanbag sacks stand out with the colour yellow.

Brahmaputra- By Nicholas Roerich
For this artist I liked how he used different shades of blue to give the effectiveness and depth to the layers of the image.

Blue Abstract Art Print- By Clayton Kashuba
I like this blue peice of artwork as I love blue and that there is not a main image.





Aeires- Galactic Pinwheel
For this image I like how it is perfect and is one main object.
The colours may be daul but it suits the mood of the image.



Sandy Adsett- The Seeker (2009)
With this abstract picture I like the fact that it is quite different and has maori designs.
The colours that the artist has used suits the designs and lines which help it stand out.


2 comments:

Pam's Journey said...

The Painting by Nicholar Boerich intrigues me too. I first learnt to paint in monotones - it breaks the whole painting down into the simplest of forms and you are right, it gives a wonderful depth and perspective in basic tonal values. The lightest and most muted colours in the background slowly coming forward to more instense colours in the foregroung. It is a good way to paint a a landscape or anything for that matter before you add any natural colour.

tesla said...

Thanks Shantelle, it's great to see that you're on board! A nice mix of images here, too.

One thing I wanted to mention, I'm always wary of the word "different" (which you used in reference to the Sandy Adsett painting). Different to what, exactly? A lot of people use this word when they don't know how to describe something. I think there are many better words that can be used to describe than "different" because it is so unspecific.

Otherwise, great start!

Tessa X