Jackson Pollock's "Pasiphae" [1943]
I think this painting was made quite openly because it kinda scares me a little bit. It's like eyes are watching me. The dots over the circles, and so forth. Althought I really like the colours on these. The Pasiphae is one of my favorites from Pollock still.
and his "Number 7" [1951]
I really love the brown canvas behind all the scribbly lines Pollock has shown here. To the left, it shows a rose field or something, looks like a garden of some sort. And for some reason to the right, it is like seeing someone covered in tree branches. I really like this one, it's so funny.
Roy Lichtenstein's "Popeye" [1961]
I had wondered who drew Popeye. I remember watching that show about him when I was young. It was funny because the other day, I was watching his show. The memories.

and his "In The Car" [1963]
This one looks quite out there, it shows how he drew it by hand, then painted over it with many colours. [yellow, gold, red, blue and white, black and grey] It seemd easier enough.
You can see the look on Mickey's face where he looks at her, he's up to something.
Claes Oldenburg's "Free Stamp" [1985-91]
I wondered why this was made in a street like this. I never really understood why Oldenburg created his sculptures on the street. When I frist heard about his work, and once I saw it. I thought they were so cool to look at. But I guess you had to be there to understand his work more.
and his "Crusoe Umbrella" [1979]
I chosed this image because it looked really old fashioned and I really like how it looked like a what'you'call'it? Western or something. I thought this image was really old looking. He had that type of style to it where it could of been in a movie. It was funny to me at first, but now I get it.
Anyways, I think this is the longest blog I have done today.
Well see you guys tomorrow. Ta..
4 comments:
Second Post,
I just looked up Claes Oldenburg (what a genius) and he reminded me a bit of the architect Frank Gehry ( although Claes is way more quirky) I found out that Claes designed a giant pair of binoculars at the entrance to a building Frank Gehry designed 'Chiat/Day advertising agency'. Check it out.
thans will do
Hi Burda,
I'm still confused - is this for the timelines homework, or are you still posting on your favourite images? They are a great selection of images, and observations, but you'll have to be really clear about which assignment you are responding to or I won't be able to give you any marks!
Let me know if you need any of the blog assignments explained more clearly.
Cheers,
TX
Leah,
Why is Oldenburg a "genius"
Great reference to Gehry and I like the way you incorporated your research.
Cheers Hobbs
Post a Comment