
PHOTO : Angelika Platen Sigmar Polke (in the air)
I chose this photograph because it shows a shallow depth of field with the man and the ladder in focus. The man also seems to be in the foreground, a section of the beach in the mid ground and people and a bridge in the background. I liked the way the man isn't placed directly in the middle of the camera shot, but rather angled and more to the right. This gives the image a more dynamic effect rather than still and stable. I also like how the diagonal lines of the pathway are closing in, in the distance. It almost feels as if I'm being drawn into the photo.
6 comments:
yeah this photogrpahy really stands out , really eye capturing, and yes yrou right teh depth of field gives it areally good effect, very effective, oh and jumping photos are always good to capture , showing the fun side of photography. ^^
After reading the form of this image, I also find this work dynamic and full of positive energy. The shallow depth of field gives the perspective that the focal point (person) has run a long (ish) distance. The vertical'line' drew my eye across the picture and the horizontal lines',- into the picture. The parralle lines of the ladder also gives the picture a dynamic optical illusion of height, the fact that the person is off centre and in the fore ground signifies to me that he is going to keep on running and jumping. ... maybe right on past that picture!! cheers Sarah
Great work, Tee, I also like how his arm is at a diagonal, top right, which reflects (but reverses) the diagonal at the bottom right, creating even more interesting perspective!
TX
ps. fyi: i did the orig. post at 9.01pm, reposted, amended and during the course of... janjan snuck in!!
Sarah,
your comment is on task, keep up the good work,
Hobbs
Post a Comment