
Rene Magritte - Georgette with Bilboquet- Jan. 1926
I don't really like this painting much, only because I don't like this particular
time period, but what I can say is that the most interesting part about this piece is the composition, Magritte creates this sort of frame within a frame.

Rene Magritte - Difficult Crossing - 1926 Oil on canvas
I find this piece really interesting, I'm surprised that I would even begin to like this painting because this era is not a favorite of mine, but the surrealism in this painting caught my attention instantly. I also like the use of diagonal lines in this painting, it's almost as if I'm being sucked deeper into the room.

Rene Magritte - The Roof of the World - 1926 oil on canvas
Like the painting 'Difficult Crossings' the surrealism really captures my attention, makes me wonder what was going through his head while painting this, was he a genius? or a mad man?
1 comment:
Thanks Ian,
Some interesting thoughts but it seems like you are just scratching the surface. You talk about surrealism, but don't say what it is, or how these paintings exemplify that style.
You also repeatedly say that you don't like this era of artwork, but don't say why. You could be a lot more descriptive, whether it's positive or negative.
Cheers,
TX
Post a Comment