1995, in Siegburg. NICK
I like the way when i take one look, it looks like its moving and turning around and around.
1950 (350 Kb); Oil on canvas, Oil, enamel, and aluminum on canvas; 221 x 300 cm (7 ft 3 in x 9 ft 10 in); National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
I liked this art work because when i take one look at this its like i am looking down at a Painting that has a life of its own.
| Artist | Salvador DalĂ |
|---|---|
| Year | 1951 |
| Type | Oil on canvas |
| Dimensions | 205 cm × 116 cm (80.7 in × 45.67 in) |
| Location | Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow |
The reason why i picked this artist is because of what he feels
and what he believed in. I like this painting because it makes me
believe in the history of Jesus Christ.
5 comments:
COOl! I lvoe Salvadore Dahlissss work! He's the man! here's another work he did with Jesus Christ in it 'Christus Hypercubus' - it's pretty radical and different from the 'normal' pictures with Jesus... My fav is def 'the persistence of memory!' so cool! and Pollock... you could check out Lee Krasners work...!! :)
Dali was the Charlie sheen art here's some quotes by him
Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure - that of being Salvador Dali.
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.
“I am going to my room to masturbate before I have a light lunch, if you would like to come and watch”
Rebecca,
your comment is very supportive and expressive of your enthusiasm and this is great to see. As we work on our communication skills in class, it will be good to see you articulate your observations, opinions and contributions min a more formal and objective manner
Hobbs
Joanne,
the way you have responded to the blog is quite appropriate for the artists being discussed
Hobbs
Hi Leo,
I was a bit confused about whether or not you are responding to the timeline exercise, because your first choice was from the 90s, but your other 2 were from the 50s. Just to be clear, it would be good to let us know what time period the three pieces are from that you are discussing.
Cheers,
TX
Post a Comment