DVA Contextual Blog Page 2011

Thinking about doing.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NZ Cartoonist, Garrick Tremain

Tremain was born here in New Zealand, he lived in the city throughout his childhood. But he dreamed of living on the countryside. His inspirations of cartoons had arrived while his was on the farm. Tremain has been a professional painter since 1972 and a cartoonist since 1988. He works on water-color paintings mostly, preferred mediums. He uses oils. acrylics and egg temperas.


Suck work as w/ his paintings


"Autumn Crocurses, Thurlby", 


"The Hut at Wharehuanui",


"Grant's Cottage",


"Home Straight"


and "Spring at Soho"..
w/ his Nusery comics I really liked Brain and Lucy.


They looked funny but real..

And w/ Tremain did ones about the Quake in Christchurch. I thought these ones were effective but quite racist. I'm no judge, but this asn't right. These are the ones dated, "25/26 Febuary 2011" and the "4th February 2011" This was riot, or fire in Cairo, Egypt.

 Another comment towards Tremain's racial part as I read on Facebook, and since I had joined the group just a few days ago. This amount of people have called him a racist. Tremain was been offensive especially for all his work, everyone as known him for. The paintings were okay, because they landscapes and such. It was funny how they were calling him a racist disgrace.

Tremain always had a sense of politics in his cartoons. They always told truth about what really happened. At first, I though his cartoon were grat drawn. But when I read the txt of it, I thought it was just disturbing, notwell given. He was been out there, been one of those people who can tell an audience what had really happened.


Anyways, this is what I know about Tremain so far. Ta.

2 comments:

tesla said...

Thanks Burda, this is really interesting info. But I'm not sure if it is part of an assignment, or if you are just posting to the blog to share interesting info. I'm assuming it's the latter reason, which means I won't be grading it, but I'm appreciating your engagement with the blog. Some pictures would have helped me visualise what you like about this guy and also what might be construed as "racist" in his work.

Cheers,

TX

Burd@ said...

sorry, i forgot. hahaha