"Another" from the sketch book of boyd from 2006


this is boyds piece called "the plunge" from the exhibition Ectoplasm in 2008 at the Mr Music. I love his style in art an music he is the lead singer of the famous band Incubus. I only just realised he was an artist of image and painting last night wile looking for an new artist to research.
4 comments:
Hey Renata,
Before you definitely decide on your artist, can you make sure that there is lots of good research material you can use on his visual art? I can imagine that most of the press he gets is relating to his musical output. Are there plenty of articles which address his visual practice?
You don't want to make it hard for yourself by selecting someone who hasn't been written up in depth. I don't just mean a paragraph here and there, but essays and books. See how you go finding stuff.
TX
Hey Renata,
mean, didn't realize Brandon Boyd was a visual artist also.
-There is a website, with info on a couple of books he's written. If you can, maybe you could check the book stores or the Auckland Library database to see if these books are available.
http://www.brandonboydbooks.com/about.html
-Here we have his official FaceBook fan page, which he updates himself. http://www.facebook.com/brandonboydofficial
-You can probably find some interviews on Youtube as well.
I hope this helps, good luck :)
oh thanx for that rose ye i will check that out il try youtube first lol thanks
Rose,
your references will assist Renata with his essay, well done. Also it's interesting that you highlighted another context in which to view Boyd
hobbs
Post a Comment